We are currently installing new doors in the stairwell in Lauinger Library. During this time, visitors will not be able to use landings that are under construction, either to enter that floor or pass through en route to another. We encourage visitors to use the elevators, although the stairwell may still be used to access floors that are not under construction. Landings under construction should only be used in the case of an emergency.
Libraries & Spaces
About Georgetown OneSearch
What is OneSearch?
Use OneSearch to search across the Georgetown and Washington Research Libraries Consortium (WRLC)* holdings, many of the Georgetown databases, and a variety of other resources. OneSearch includes books, journal and newspaper articles, encyclopedias, images and media, and primary sources. Words entered in the search box are searched in the OneSearch database, and the results are matched to items available at Georgetown and the WRLC libraries.
OneSearch is great:
- as a starting point for research
- as a Google-like search of academic resources (no ads!)
- for interdisciplinary research
- as a way to consult many resources at once
- for finding and searching the full text of books and articles>
- for verifying citations
For tips on searching see the Help Page.
- Search GEORGE classic, Georgetown’s library catalog, when you want only materials from Georgetown
- Journal Finder identifies journals, magazines, and newspapers at Georgetown
- Research Guides direct you to subject- and discipline-specific resources which can help you refine your search
- Locate subject- or discipline-specific article databases, A-Z and by subject
- Consult a subject specialist
- Need assistance? Ask Us
*WRLC (Washington Research Libraries Consortium) includes American University, Catholic University, Gallaudet University, George Mason University, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Howard University, Marymount University, and the University of the District of Columbia.