Libraries & Spaces
RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool designed to help researchers gather, manage, store and share information and generate citations and bibliographies.
Being asked for a group code? Please contact email@example.com or call us at (202) 687-9351. (Note: We can only send the group code to a Georgetown email address.)
Are you a student in Qatar? Check out the Georgetown University in Qatar Library's RefWorks Guide.
- Create your own personal library of references
- Add citations manually or export from numerous databases directly into RefWorks
- Set up group accounts for collaborative scholarship
- Capture information directly from websites with RefGrab-It
- Add citations to Word documents with Write-N-Cite
For Help Using Refworks:
Zotero is a tool designed to help you gather, manage and share information about books, articles, web pages and other digital objects which you are using in your research, and to generate citations and bibliographies.
Zotero is a Mozilla browser plugin. You can choose to gather your data on your hard drive (if you are working mainly from your laptop), or on a flash drive or a network (if you frequently access your data at multiple workstations).
Zotero is free!
Download & Quick Start Help
NEW! Zotero 2.0 opens up a collaborative platform for research with advanced group cooperation features. See www.zotero.org/blog/zotero-2mothership-lands/.
- Create your own personal library of references:
- Export references to Zotero at the touch of a button
- Works with a host of scholarly databases and catalogs (including the Library of Congress)
- Works with Wikipedia, Amazon, Google Scholar and Google Books
- Download articles as PDFs and link them to your references.
- Save snapshots of websites, then highlight and annotate saved snapshots.
- Drag and drop references directly into Word or let Zotero insert fully-formatted references as you type.
- Fully Unicode-compliant: accepts non-Roman scripts and complex diacritics.
- Cooperate on research assignments using Zotero groups.
For Help Using Zotero:
To learn more about using Zotero, watch the screencast tutorials at www.zotero.org/support/screencast_tutorials.
Citation Styles and Online Writing Resources:
- The Library's guides to citation formats:
- Writing Center Resources (including links to APA and Chicago Manual of Style guides)
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Creating a Citation from LexisNexis Congressional Universe
- Citing U.S. Government Publications (Indiana University)
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab