We are currently installing new doors in the stairwell in Lauinger Library. During this time, visitors will not be able to use landings that are under construction, either to enter that floor or pass through en route to another. We encourage visitors to use the elevators, although the stairwell may still be used to access floors that are not under construction. Landings under construction should only be used in the case of an emergency.
Libraries & Spaces
Government Shutdown and E-Resources
As a result of the Federal Government shutdown, beginning October 1, 2013, many government sources linked from our web systems will not be updated or will be unavailable to all users. Note that the availablilty of some government websites may change during the course of the shutdown. Please review the shutdown postings on each individual site to determine the currency and availability of new and existing content.
As of October 1, 2013, resources were unavailable online from the following agencies:
- Library of Congress, except Thomas.gov and beta.congress.gov
- Bureau of the Census, including Census.gov, American Factfinder, and USA Trade Online
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), including Physical Reference Data
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Department of the Army, including Army Heritage Collections Online
- Chief Information Officer of the United States, including Data.gov
Sites that remain available, but with fewer or no updates during the shutdown:
- Government Printing Office sites, including GPOaccess.gov, Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, and Federal Register
- Medline Plus
- PubMed Central
If you have any questions, please contact us.