- About Us
- Media Collection
Libraries & Spaces
- Stop by our service desk on the 1st floor of the Lauinger Library during our open hours.
- Look for the Chat service on the home page.
- Call us at 202-687-7410 or email email@example.com
- Listen to our student produced podcast series: GelCast
Attend a training session
- Check out this semester’s Workshops and sign up!
- Explore our Tutorials and Guides for equipment training and other guides to help you along your way.
- Lynda.com is a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials designed to help you learn what you want, when you want it.
- Looking for software training? Look up your application in our software section. Each listing contains links to tutorial videos, detailed user manuals, and more!
- Search Youtube and Google to find many great resources available from 3rd party help outlets and other sources.
One-on-one consultations with a Multimedia Specialist
GNMC Multimedia Specialists offer one-on-one instructional support for multimedia development to any faculty, student, or staff at Georgetown University. Schedule a Multimedia Consultation.
Need to schedule a workshop for your class or organization?
GNMC Multimedia Specialists provide multimedia instruction designed to introduce students to the multimedia software, video and audio equipment, and the process of creating a project in alternative media. The workshops introduce students to relevant equipment and software for their course assignments, outline the creative process, and provide students with hands-on practice using resources in the New Media Center. Request a multimedia instruction session.
Topics of frequently asked questions
- Where can I buy miniDV tapes, CDs, DVDs, on campus?
These items are available at the campus bookstore, as well as retail outlets such as Best Buy, Radioshack, and most large pharmacies.
- What software is on Gelardin computers?
Click here to see software locations in Gelardin.
- How do I reserve the Dubin Room?
Instructions for reserving the Dubin Room here (instructors only).
- How do I reserve the Murray Room?
Instructions for reserving the Murray Room here (instructors only).
Other helpful resources on campus
- Research and Instruction
Research & Instruction librarians provide research assistance and teach the use of library resources for the social sciences, sciences, humanities and business. The Reference collection includes many specialized research tools such as periodical indexes, encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, and atlases.
- University Information Services
"UIS carries out daily technical operations, including the development and support of information technology infrastructure, and assistance and support for the user community of faculty, staff, and students."
UIS Help Desk: 202-687-1162
- Classroom Educational Technology Services
CETS provides classroom technology for many classrooms on the main campus. They also provide additional services for conferences, workshops, meetings, lectures and panel discussions.
Interested in rethinking some aspect of your curriculum? Begin by visiting the Center for New Designs in Learning & Scholarship for help.