New to Us?
The Gelardin New Media Center is Georgetown University’s main resource for turning ideas and research into multimedia projects. An experienced staff is available to help connect you with the knowledge and tools that you need. All equipment and media resources are free to use for Georgetown students, staff, and faculty. The GNMC also offers facilities for post-production and other digital media endeavors.
- Multimedia production and editing facilities.
- Extensive multimedia training is available: both workshops and consultations.
- Media Conversion and Scanning (ie. converting VHS to DVD, scanning slides, etc)
- Largest computer lab on campus with 2 black & white printers, and 1 color printer.
- Rental of cameras, audio gear, lights and other professional production equipment. Note that some equipment requires training before you can use it.
Our website has many helpful resources for anyone at Georgetown setting out to work on a multimedia project. Have a look a the "For Students" page for lots of resources to get you started.
Gelardin is partnered with CNDLS, and together we are dedicated to helping you plan and implement new media projects into your curricula. We also manage media course reserves, and have loads of helpful guides for you and your students. See the Faculty & Instructors for these and more.
In order to use DVDs, CDs, headphones, and other items in the New Media Center's collection, users must have a valid Georgetown GoCard or WRLC ID. Any non-consortium researcher that would like to use media in the GNMC closed stacks must obtain permission from the Head of the Gelardin New Media Center or a staff supervisor.
Most computers in Lauinger Library require a Georgetown University NetID login and are available for use only for Georgetown University faculty, staff and students.14 computers are available for Georgetown University guests on the 3rd (entry) floor between the Reference and Circulation Desks. The Library welcomes and continues to invite the larger Georgetown community to use its resources in accordance with its use policies.