Libraries & Spaces
ITEL Library Impact Form - Level III: MOOC
Library Consultation: Meet with library team prior to February 15, 2013 and then complete form and submit it with your grant application.
Name of, subject area(s), type of course.
Instructor(s) or collaborator(s), and disciplines
Describe the course: Existing or completely new? Format envisioned?
Provide DRAFT Syllabus with course outline, expected assignments, expected readings, group or individual projects.
Describe your expected use of library services and resources from:
- Gelardin New Media Center: Class instruction in multimedia tools, software, equipment, or online programs? One-on-one multimedia assistance, multimedia production services?
- Library IT: Digitization consultation? New tools creation? Website design? Integration with existing library applications? One-on-one assistance?
- Special Collections Research Center (documents, rare books, archives, artwork, MSS); one on one research assistance
- Collections: Reserve readings or media? Do you envisage using third party images or audiovisual materials? If so, will you require guidance on the use of copyrighted material for your course? Describe expected new electronic, print, or multimedia resources the Library likely needs to purchase for this course.
- Research & Instruction Department: Tutorials? Class instruction? One-on-one research assistance Describe your expected use of library computer classrooms, high-tech rooms, Skype, GoToMeeting services
Describe expected new resources in any format the Library likely needs to purchase for this course, OR permissions from publishers/producers to extend access to MOOC community
Describe possible use of DigitalGeorgetown, a portal to the digital scholarship created by faculty, students and staff at Georgetown. Will you consider depositing some or all course projects deposited into Digital Georgetown?
Describe outcomes for course:
Number of papers, projects, hand-in assignments. Will there be a research component?
Format of assignments: traditional written term paper? Computerized tests? Automated grading?
Any additional comments or requirements
Faculty and collaborator(s) names, Date