Libraries & Spaces
What are the system requirements for accessing videos in the archives?
In order to access the videos in the Dean Peter Krogh Foreign Affairs Digital Archves, you need a computer with a broadband Internet connection. We recommend a wired (LAN) connection or broadband (cable or DSL). Video streaming requires sufficient bandwidth (appr. 1Mbps of dedicated bandwidth). Wireless routers and shared networks may adversely affect performance.
The following browsers are currently supported:
- On Windows 7: Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4
- On Windows Vista: Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4
- On Windows XP: Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.5.8 and higher
- On Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6: Safari 4, Firefox 3.5 and higher
QuickTime 7 is required for streaming media. It can be downloaded from: www.apple.com/quicktime/download.
The video does not play
- Make sure you have the latest QuickTime player installed: www.apple.com/quicktime/download
- Try using a different browser. For instance, if you are using Internet Explorer and the videos won't play, install the newest Firefox browser then try accessing the videos again.
- Check the system requirements above to make sure your operating system and browser are supported.
The video takes a long time to begin playing and pauses frequently
- Pause the video for about one minute allowing it time to buffer.
- Accessing these videos via a wireless connection could impact video playback performance.
Rights and Permissions
All rights to the American Interests television series are owned by The Blackwell Corporation, which has granted to Georgetown University the right to exhibit programs from the series in its own facilities and on its proprietary websites, specifically including the Dean Peter Krogh Foreign Affairs Digital Archive. Inquiries about any other usage should be directed to email@example.com.
Rights to Great Decisions programs are owned by the Foreign Policy Association. Permission has been granted to the Georgetown University Library to stream copies of all the episodes in their entirety and make the videos available online to a worldwide audience. For all reproduction information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report problems using this site to: email@example.com