- Libraries & Spaces
The Woodstock Theological Center Library is one of the oldest and most notable Catholic theological libraries in the United States. Founded in 1869 at Woodstock College (outside Baltimore, Maryland), it sojourned from 1969 to 1974 in New York City. With the 1974 closing of Woodstock College's Columbia University incarnation, the library moved to Georgetown University, Washington, DC, to become the research tool for the Woodstock Theological Center. Owned by the Maryland and New York provinces of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), the library is currently housed as a separate collection in Georgetown's Joseph Mark Lauinger Library for use by Woodstock Theological Center fellows, Georgetown university students and faculty and by scholars from around the world. In 2001 WTCL became a member of the Washington Theological Consortium and Washington Research Library Consortium.
Telephone: (202) 687-7513
Fax: (202) 687-7473
Woodstock Theological Center Library
Washington, DC 20057-1170