Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica
Publisher: BioMed Central
Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica is an open access, peer-reviewed online
journal that encompasses all aspects of veterinary research and medicine of
domestic and wild animals.
It is the official journal of the Veterinary Associations of the Nordic
Countries, and was founded in 1959 as a traditional print journal, but has
taken the novel step of moving to an open access publishing model.
Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica considers the following types of articles:
* Research: reports of data from original research.
* Reviews: comprehensive, authoritative, descriptions of any subject within
the journal's scope. Reviews can cover any topical themes such as basic
science and clinical reviews, ethics, pro/con debates, equipment reviews and
thematic series to highlight specific topics in the field.
* Case reports: reports of clinical cases that can be educational, describe
a diagnostic or therapeutic dilemma, suggest an association, or present an
important adverse reaction.
* Case studies: case study articles that include a rigorous assessment of
the processes and impact of the intervention as well as recommendations for
future interventions will be considered favourably.
* Methodology articles: present a new experimental method, test or
procedure. The method described may either be completely new, or may offer a
better version of an existing method.
* Brief communications: brief reports of data from original research,
usually about 1500 words.
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to Acta Veterinaria
Scandinavica using the online submission system.
Professor Mats Forsberg, PhD
Professor, Department of Clinical Chemistry
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, SLU
Tel: +46 (0) 18 363625
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 48:10 (21 June 2006)
Date: 6 July 2006