Content also available at:
Publisher: Instituto de Ciências Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa
Análise Social is the main social science and Portuguese studies journal in Portugal. Its cutting edge status derives from its ability to attract top-flight research articles, both theoretical and empirical, and the original nature and relevance of the subject-matters addressed in its pages.
Análise Social is a multidisciplinary journal, specializing in Sociology, History, Anthropology and Political Science. Priority is given to publishing articles which, in each of these fields:
* Describe empirical research work based on theoretical concepts and models;
* Develop new analytical and research methods;
* Use heuristic concepts to interpret facts;
* Demonstrate the theoretical implications of empirical research;
* Contribute to developing comparative approaches to the topics studied.
Análise Social publishes mainly work on Portugal and comparative studies, but is also open to publishing articles on other countries.
Articles may be submitted in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish.
Análise Social is available free of charge as an Open Access journal on the Internet.
Abstracts available online. Articles available in HTML and PDF format.
Current Issue: Vol. XLV (197) 2010
Date; 17 December 2010