Publisher: MDPI AG
Animals is an international and interdisciplinary scholarly open access journal. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, communications, and short notes that are relevant to any field of study that involves animals, including zoology, ethnozoology, animal science, animal ethics and animal welfare.
However, preference will be given to those articles that provide an understanding of animals within a larger context (i.e., the animals' interactions with the outside world, including humans).
* Physiology and physical structure of animals (e.g., breeding mechanisms, nutritional needs, development etc) and its relevance to the ecosystem in which they live
* Evolution, phylogeny, genetics taxonomy and biodiversity of animals
* Animal behavioral and psychological responses to human activity and the environment
* Protection and restoration of endangered and threatened species
* Abundance and distribution of animals and the relevance to sustainability of the ecosystem
* Predator-prey dynamics and interactions between animals in ecological communities
Animal and veterinary sciences:
* Management of captive and domesticated animals
* Rehabilitation of animals into the wild
* Epidemiology and its implications for sustainability of the population
Animals and society:
* Animal ethics, welfare and use
* Pest management
* Animal derived food
* Animal diseases and public health
* Ethnobiological and cross-cultural perspectives on animals
Manuscript submission via online system.
Prof. Dr. Clive J. C. Phillips
Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics
School of Veterinary Science
University of Queensland
Queensland 4343, Australia
Tel. +61 7 5460 1158
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1 Number 1 2011
Date: 8 March 2011