Biometric Technology Today
Publisher: Elsevier Advanced Technology
The rate of change within the biometric industry is staggering. What was
once a futuristic concept is here and now.
Whether you are an end-user, a developer, a vendor, an integrator or an
investor in biometrics, Biometric Technology Today gives you immediate
access to authoritative information on key industry developments and covers
the industry on a worldwide scale.
Now, when you're asked for your opinion, when you need to back up your
ideas, when you need inspiration you'll have access to the most up-to-date
information from around the world on:
* Fingerprint technology
* Smart cards
* Hand geometry
* Law and order
* Computer security
* Physical access control
* Iris scanning
* Voice recognition
* Face recognition
* Eyes, ears, veins, smell
* Keystroke dynamics
* Signature biometrics
* Systems integrators
* Standards and testing
Each issue of Biometric Technology Today features:
Surveys and Market Trends
You can now access essential information and data that is often difficult to
* Regular surveys and reports cover:
Finger scanning biometrics; Face recognition systems; Hand measuring
systems; Voice verification; Signature biometrics; Eyes, ears, veins, smell,
keystroke dynamics; Systems integrators - providing subscribers with a table
showing which systems integrator works with a particular application along
with full contact details; Standards and testing.
Covering all aspects of biometrics from Physical Access Control to
E-commerce to Legislation, you'll find the key issues behind the major news
stories from around the world. Plus, you'll find out who's launching what
product and when, what the planned applications are and who is adopting the
technology and much more.
* News in Brief:
Essential news from around the world, covering funding levels for particular
applications, government initiatives, new legislation, new applications and
the companies adopting the technology, strategic partnerships, joint
ventures, contracts awarded and annual results.
* Forthcoming Events:
You'll find details of all the key industry events from around the world
with full contact information so that you can act immediately to secure your
place at these international forums.
Biometrics Technology Today has been designed to enable you to access
essential information quickly and easily via:
* Cross references to previous coverage of companies, technologies,
applications and other news stories that will enable you to source further
information on a particular news story, product, supplier or application.
* Tables of relevant information, for easy access and understanding, that
you can copy and circulate to colleagues.
* Full contact data so that whether you want further information on a
particular application, technology or want to book places at an industry
event, you can quickly and easily contact key personnel.
Whether you are in banking and finance, education, healthcare, law and
enforcement, welfare, immigration, physical access control, computer
security, telecomms, or other areas, your subscription to Biometric
Technology Today will enable you to:
* Determine the most appropriate technology for your customers' needs
* Consider how other organisations are using biometrics and learn from their
* Identify new products to the market and new applications in the field as
soon as they become available
* Track leading-edge technologies and ensure that your company is aware of
the leading suppliers and ready to act as soon as new and more
cost-effective technology becomes available
* Identify possible co-operative partners
* Share insights into applications testing in order to guarantee performance
* Understand domestic and international government regulations that impact
on the industry.
Biometric Technology Today will provide you with straightforward access to
essential information that will enable you to:
* Ensure that you always find the right technology and supplier for any
given application requirement
* Identify the key users in your sector and the solutions that they are
* Monitor who is entering your sector and their plans for the technology
* Gauge which markets are rapidly developing into substantial earners
* Pinpoint which products are currently in development and available for
* Evaluate the latest legislation that could impact on your sector.
Biometric Technology Today will enable you to:
* Keep track of your competitors
* Monitor the development of competitive products
* Plan effective business strategy based on reliable, accurate and
up-to-date industry information
* Ensure that you are always fully aware of new international legislation
that could impact upon the compatibility and accessibility of your products
* Identify new distributors and keep track of existing distributors
* Monitor the market perception of your products
* Identify new business partners.
The commercial potential of biometrics promises to deliver in the next 2-3
years means the potential returns on investment could be staggering.
* Track market trends and identify investment opportunities around the world
* Keep track of who is adopting biometrics technologies and the implications
for the technology
* Ensure that you are fully aware of new legislation and its effect on
opening up or closing down markets
* Identify those technologies that offer the best returns - and those that
* Follow research activities and identify potential investment opportunities
for the future
* Spot the 'killer' application early and make your own killing.
Tel: +44 ((0) 2920 560458
Content available by subscription. Sample issue available online.
Abstracts available online. Full-text available in HTML and PDF.
Current Issue: Volume 13, Issue 9 (October 2005)
Date: 2 December 2005