Publisher: MDPI Publishing
Coatings is an international, peer-reviewed Open Access journal of coatings and surface engineering. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided.
There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
* manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
* electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure - if unable to be published in a normal way - can be deposited as supplementary material.
This journal covers all topics related to coatings and their engineering.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* biocompatible coating
* ceramic coatings
* coatings for the food industry
* coatings for optical applications
* corrosion resistant coatings
* CVD (chemical vapor deposition) deposited coatings
* decorative coatings
* electrodeposited coatings
* ion and electron beam deposited coatings
* laser cladding
* magnetic coatings
* multilayer coatings
* hard and wear resistant coatings
* plasma deposited coatings
* polymeric and organic coatings
* thermal and Plasma sprayed coatings
* thermal barrier coatings
* waterproof and hydrophobic coatings
Manuscript submission via online system.
Coatings Editorial Office
MDPI AG, Postfach, CH - 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Ugo Bardi
Dipartimento di Chimica
Universita di Firenze
Via della Lastruccia 3
50019 Sesto Fiorentino (Fi)
Tel. +39 55 457 3118
Fax: +39 55 457 3120
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Issue 1 (June 2011)
Date: 27 May 2011