Computational Statistics: Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews (WIREs)
Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews (WIREs) publications focus on high-profile
research areas at the interfaces of the traditional disciplines.
* Content for each WIRE is selected, invited, and reviewed by an
internationally renowned Editorial Board, ensuring that the highest
scientific and presentational standards are maintained.
* Coverage is carefully crafted to provide an encyclopedic coverage of the
* New and updated reviews are added every month, ensuring that the most
current information in the field is always available.
* Reviews are highly structured and consistently formatted, maximizing the
accessibility and utility of the content to the user.
Article types are designed to cater to a variety of end users:
* Overviews provide a broad and non-technical treatment of important topics
suitable for advanced students and for researchers without a strong
background in the field.
* Advanced Reviews examine key areas of research in a citation-rich format
suitable for researchers and advanced students.
* Focus Articles present specific real-world issues, examples and
* Opinions provide a forum for thought-leaders to offer a more individual
* Editorial Commentaries provide an opportunity for WIREs Editors to offer
their own syntheses of broad areas of research in a less formal and more
WIREs Computational Statistics is a major new scientific publication that
will support the information needs of researchers in this field and help to
shape its future development.
Its goals are to:
(1) present the current state of the art of Computational Statistics through
an ongoing series of commissioned reviews written by leading researchers;
(2) capture the crucial interdisciplinary flavor of this field by including
articles that address key topics from the differing perspectives of
statistics and computing, and include potential application areas in
technology, biology, physics, geography, and sociology;
(3) capture the rapid development of Computational Statistics through a
systematic program of content updates; and
(4) encourage new participation in this field by presenting its achievements
and challenges in an accessible way to a broad audience.
ISSN: 1939-0068 (Online)
ISSN: 1939-5108 (Print)
Content available by subscription. Free content available online.
Abstracts available online. Articles available in HTML and PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Number 1 July/August 2009