Publisher: MDPI AG
Geosciences in an international, peer-reviewed Open Access journal, which publishes original papers, rapid communications, technical notes and review articles, and discussions about all interdisciplinary aspects of the Earth and Planetary Sciences. This comprises the solid earth, the atmosphere, the hydrosphere, and the biosphere, as well as related issues of planetary and space sciences. In addition, it provides a particular place, and an advanced forum, for contributions on Earth history, natural hazards, geology-related environmental problems and geoethics, reflecting the wide scope and societal, educational, cultural and, in general, human implications of the cross-cutting nature of the issues.
All related with Geosciences (sensu lato) considering its multiple and transdisciplinary links to Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Areas and Problems concerning Geosciences:
* Crystallography and Mineralogy*
* Energy and Mineral Deposits (Science, Exploration and Economic issues)
* Endogenous and Exogenous Petrology and Geochemistry
* Meteorites and Planetary Geology
* Geographic Information Science
* Hydrology and Hydrogeology
* Stratigraphy and Sedimentology
* Natural Hazards
* Geological proxies for Climate Change
* BioGeomarkers and their significance for Astrogeology and Astrobiology
* Medical and Forensic Geology
* Geological collections and Museology
* Education and Capacity Building in Geosciences
* International Partnership in Geosciences
Manuscript submission via online system.
Prof. Dr. Jesus Martinez-Frias
Centro de Astrobiologia, CSIC-INTA, Ctra. Ajalvir km-4.
Torrejón de Ardoz, 28850 Madrid, Spain
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Issue 1 (December 2011)
Date: 12 December 2011