International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH)
Publisher: MDPI Publishing
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH) is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes original articles, critical reviews, research notes, and short communications in the interdisciplinary area of environmental health sciences and public health.
It links several scientific disciplines including biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, cellular and molecular biology, chemistry, computer science, ecology, engineering, epidemiology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, oncology, pathology, pharmacology, and toxicology, in an integrated fashion, to address critical issues related to environmental quality and public health.
Therefore, IJERPH focuses on the publication of scientific and technical information on the impacts of natural phenomena and anthropogenic factors on the quality of our environment, the interrelationships between environmental health and the quality of life, as well as the socio-cultural, political, economic, and legal considerations related to environmental stewardship and public health.
The primary areas of research interests to the IJERPH include:
* Gene-environment interactions
* Environmental genomics and proteomics
* Environmental toxicology, mutagenesis and carcinogenesis
* Environmental epidemiology and disease control
* Health risk assessment and management
* Ecotoxicology, and ecological risk assessment and management
* Natural resources damage assessment
* Environmental chemistry and computational modeling
* Environmental policy and management
* Environmental engineering and biotechnology
* Emerging issues in environmental health and diseases
* Environmental education and public health
Therefore this international journal covers a broad spectrum of important topics which are relevant to environmental health sciences and public health protection. It provides comprehensive and unique information with a worldwide readership. Emphasizing holistic approach, the journal serves as a comprehensive and multidisciplinary platform, addressing important public health issues associated with environmental pollution and degradation.
Manuscript submission via online system.
Prof. Dr. Paul B. Tchounwou
Molecular Toxicology Research Laboratory
Jackson State University
Jackson, Mississippi 39217, USA
Tel. +1 601 979 3321
Fax: +1 601 979 2349
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is available free of charge as an Open Access journal on the Internet.
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 8 Number 4 2011
Date: 1 April 2011