International Journal of Plant Genomics
Publisher: Hindawi Publishing Corporation
The International Journal of Plant Genomics is a peer-reviewed open access
journal that publishes novel and advanced original research results of wide
interest in all fields of plant genomics, genome technologies and
applications of genomic tools in plant breeding.
These include, but not limited to, research results in the following fields:
* structural genomics, including new or advanced genetic maps, physical
maps, molecular cytogenetic maps, transcript maps and genome sequences;
* functional genomics, including gene expression, transgenics, gene
networks, gene and genome sequence functional analysis, and proteomics;
* comparative/evolutionary genomics, including macro- and micro-syentenic
analyses, comparative genome sequence analyses, and comparative gene
* genome technologies, including new or significantly advanced technologies
for genomics research;
* methodologies of genomic data analyses, including new or advanced
statistical and mathematic methods and models for genomic experimental
designs and data analyses and applications of existing statistical and
mathematic tools in genomic data analysis;
* genome research resources, e.g., mutation lines, BAC libraries,
microarrays, and database
* applications of genomics research results in plant breeding; and
* bioinformatics, including computer programs and tools for analysis,
archiving and dissemination of genomic data.
These articles are published in categories of research articles,
methodologies, and resources. In addition, the journal welcomes field review
articles of general interest to plant scientists in plant genomics. These
articles can be directly submitted by authors to the automated Manuscript
Tracking System of the journal.
Although this journal is dedicated to publish the research results in plant
genomics, research articles in genomics of animals or other organisms that
are of significance in advancing or potentially applicable to plant genomics
are considered for publication in the journal.
Periodical issues are the major body of the journal, however, a number of
Special Issues per year in specific fields of plant genomics will be
included to address significant advances in the fields.
Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-2474
Current Issue: Volume 2007
Date: 16 June 2006