International Journal of Surgical Pathology
Publisher: SAGE Publications
The mission of the International Journal of Surgical Pathology is to
provide a forum for the communication of scientific information in the
field of surgical pathology. Studies that emphasize important diagnostic
and prognostic features involving human tissue provide the basis
for publication of works utilizing standard techniques, as well as those
from applied and basic science.
Manuscript categories include:
original articles; review articles; molecular surgical pathology; case
reports; news; diagnostic pearls, pitfalls and mistakes; profiles of
tumors and immunomarkers; images in pathology; controversies in surgical
pathology; historical aspects; and medicolegal issues (invited and
Features that are included in
* Provocative essays, thorough reviews and timely editorials written by
members of the Editorial Board and other experts;
* A section on molecular surgical pathology, defined as the aggregate of
emerging data in molecular biology that specifically impact on the practice
of surgical pathology;
* What is new and interesting in the surgical pathology scene;
* Diagnostic pearls, pitfalls and mistakes;
* Images in surgical pathology;
* Controversies in surgical pathology;
* Historical notes, including a series on the "birth" of entities;
* Medicolegal issues;
* Capsule reviews of articles from other sources;
* The opportunity for subscribers to review by themselves, at no extra cost,
the microscopic features of selected published cases on a highresolution
telepathology system via the Internet.
Juan Rosai, M.D.
Instituto Nazionale Tumori
Content available by subscription.
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: January 1 2006, Volume 14, No. 1
Date: 11 August 2006