Journal of Human Lactation
Publisher: SAGE Publications in association with the International Lactation
Written for professionals by professionals, the Journal of Human Lactation
deals with the practical, every day topics that nurses, lactation
consultants, midwives, nutritionists/dieticians, public health and social
workers, therapists, and physicians face everyday, such as:
* Patient counseling
* Sociological and ethnic issues in dealing with breastfeeding
* Practical discussions of diseases and conditions, such as mastitis,
candida infections, engorgement
* Care plans developed to help mothers and babies that require special
* Economics of breastfeeding
* Educating physicians, hospital administration and other departments
* Practical training for lactation consultants.
The Journal of Human Lactation is the official journal of the International
Lactation Consultants Association (ILCA). The International Lactation
Consultant Association promotes the professional development, advancement,
and recognition of lactation consultants worldwide for the benefit of
breastfeeding women, infants and children. ICLA membership includes a
subscription to the Journal of Human Lactation.
Journal of Human Lactation Editorial Office
Jane Heinig, PhD, Editor-in-Chief
University of California
Department of Nutrition
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616 USA
Content available by subscription.
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: November 1 2005, Volume 21, No. 4
Date: 11 January 2006