Publisher: MDPI Publishing
Metabolites is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal of metabolism and metabolomics. Metabolites publishes original research articles and review articles in molecular aspects of metabolism relevant to the fields of metabolomics, metabolic biochemistry, computational and systems biology, biotechnology and medicine, with a particular focus on the biological roles of metabolites and small molecule biomarkers.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* identification, structure elucidation and quantification of endogenous and exogenous metabolites in unicellular and multicellular organisms, including lipidomics, cheminformatics and computational chemistry methods in metabolomics
* downstream effects of genetic and environmental perturbations on metabolite levels and fluxes
* advances in platform technology development for low-molecular weight molecules detection and identification
* computational advances relevant to understanding of metabolic processes and metabolic networks
* metabolic reconstructions and mathematical models of metabolic processes
* advances in capture, organization, and curation of metabolic knowledge
* experimental and computational advances in the analysis of metabolic flux
* advances in data processing and data analysis for analytical methods concerned with low-molecular weight metabolites detection and identification
* progress in methods for biological sample preparation for biomarker and metabolic profiling studies
* applications of these technologies in clinical laboratory, including understanding of metabolic diseases, biomarker discovery, inborn errors of metabolism, identification of toxins and pollutants.
Manuscript submission via online system.
Dr. Vladimir Likic
Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
University of Melbourne
30 Flemington Road
Parkville 3010, Australia
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Issue 1 (December 2011)
Date: 17 January 2012