Published for The Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction by the
University of California Press
Showcasing the study of symbolic interactionism, or perspectives on
interpersonal conduct and experience, Symbolic Interaction brings you
empirically grounded research and articles that resound throughout the
fields of sociology and social psychology.
Now in its 26th year of publication, Symbolic Interaction has consistently
presented well-cited and highly respected scholarship, some of which has
explored the following themes:
* The future of symbolic interaction
* Parenthood and the idea of the father
* The Promise Keepers
* Bridal showers as "rituals of obligation"
* Women's prisons and emotion management
* Animal abuse
* The relationship between social class, college, and adulthood
Simon Gottschalk, Editor
Department of Sociology
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89154-5033
Content available by subscription. Free sample article available online.
Current Issue: Volume: 27, Number: 2 Spring 2004
Date: 23 July 2004