Publisher: Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)
Viruses is an open-access journal which provides an advanced forum for
studies of viruses. It publishes reviews, regular research papers,
communications, and short notes.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and
theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no
restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details
must be provided so that the results can be reproduced.
There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
* manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be
* electronic files or software regarding the full details of the
calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a
normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
* manuscripts concerning summaries and surveys on research cooperation
and projects (that are founded by national governments or others) to
give information for a broad field of users.
* Virus, viruses, virion, virology, virological, viral, virologist
* Virus classification, International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses
(ICTV), viral taxa, Baltimore classification
* DNA viruses, RNA viruses, retrovirus (Reverse transcribing viruses),
Norovirus, RNA virus, rotavirus, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV),
tobacco mosaic virus, foot and mouth disease (aphthovirus), poliovirus,
arterivirus, nidovirales, arterivirus, okavirus, pestivirus, hepatitis B
virus, influenza viruses, oncovirus, neurotropic virus, neurovirulent, etc.
* Virus-like agents, viroids, prions
* Viral infections, viral hepatitis, avian influenza and SARS, common
cold, influenza, chickenpox and cold sores, smallpox
* Epidemics and pandemics, Spanish flu, ebola, AIDS
* Vaccination, vaccines, immune system, antigen or immunogen, antibodies
* Antiviral drugs, aciclovir, lamivudine, ribavirin, etc.
* Virucide, virucides
* Viral epidemiology (control of virus infections in humans)
* Origin of viruses
* Virus structures, genomes
* Genetic change (genetic drift, mutation), Genetic recombination or
reassortment, viral evolution
* Life cycle of viruses
Viruses Editorial Office
Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)
Kandererstrasse 25, CH - 4057 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 61 683 77 34
Fax: +41 61 302 89 18
Dr. Eric O. Freed
Chief, Virus-Cell Interaction Section, HIV Drug Resistance Program
National Cancer Institute
Frederick National Institutes of Health, Bg. 535/Rm.
108 Frederick, MD 21702-1201, USA
Tel. +1 301 846 6223
Fax: +1 301 846 6777
Abstracts available online. Articles available in PDF format.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Issue 1 (June 2009)
Date: 1 July 2009