Libraries & Spaces
Make Citations Less of A Chore
We have all been there, you finish your paper and then realize you haven’t put together all your sources and - YIKES! - you have already begun closing the tabs of resources you had open. Your exhausted brain also can’t quite remember if you have to use in-line citations or footnotes with APA.
Never frantically scroll through your browser history or stress over proper citation formats again with some of these great tools from the Library!
RefWorks is a great tool for managing your sources and creating in-text citations and bibliographies. It is incredibly easy to use. Just create an account and within the space of a few clicks you will be up and running! With RefWorks you can easily:
- Export resources directly to your account
- Stay organized by sorting your resources by class, topic, or specific project
- Search bibliographic records or full text articles within your folders.
- Create an Instant Bibliography
- Add in-line citations directly into your Word Processor
- And much, much more!
To get started with RefWorks we recommend you start with this series of brief tutorial videos. In less time than it takes to watch a re-run of Friends you will be a citation expert!
Zotero is another incredibly flexible, customizable tool to organize your sources. It is a Mozilla Firefox plug-in that lets you save sources directly from your browser with just one click. Some of the features of Zotero include the ability to:
- Explore references with just one click from scholarly databases, library catalog, and other webpages
- Download articles as PDFs and link them to your references
- Save snapshots of websites you have visited
- Drag and drop your references directly into your document
- And more!
Zotero also has a wealth of tutorials to help you get the most out of this powerful tool. Find them all on the Zotero Screencast Tutorials page!
The Library has a number of citation style guides and writing resources. Find all of this and more at library.georgetown.edu/citations.