Libraries & Spaces
You’ve Got a Golden [Research] Ticket!
Lau may not be as full as mystery and wonder as Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory (and for goodness sakes, please don’t lick the wallpaper!) but we do have a “Golden Ticket” for you as you reach the end of the semester, Research Consultations! As you consider your finals research papers and projects we invite you to cash in your “ticket” and take advantage of one of the most useful and time-saving services the Library offers: one-on-one research consultations.
Research consultations are available at any point in the research process and can be useful to any researcher, from new undergraduates through tenured faculty. Research consultations are offered by all of the Library’s subject specialists—librarians who are experts not only in how to use the Library and its various discovery tools, but also in the disciplines they study and the many resources the Library offers on any topic.
Consultations are driven by the needs of the researcher. Librarians can help you:
- Narrow down your research topic or focus, including advising you on which topics have more or fewer resources to start with.
- Find the best sources and resources related to your topic, whether they are books, journal articles, items in special collections, databases, or more.
- Master the Library’s search tools so you can find what you’re looking for effectively and efficiently.
- Discover sources you may have missed in your research so far to make sure you leave no stone unturned.
- Format your bibliography and properly cite your sources.
- Connect with other services and resources at the Library, like workshops in the Gelardin New Media Center or access to the Library of Congress.
Find your subject specialist or request a research consultation today. You won’t inherit a chocolate factory at the end of your consultation but you will leave Lau better able to tackle any research assignment that comes your way!