The Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) Library welcomes small donations of scholarly materials to enhance its collection. Only materials that fall within the guidelines of the GU-Q Library Collection Development Policy will be accepted.
In general the following factors are considered:
- Value for teaching or research
- Relevance to existing collection
- Physical condition
- The currency of the edition. For most subjects only the latest edition will be accepted.
- Duplication of existing materials (only if material is in particularly high demand will duplicates be accepted).
- Copies of books written by GU-Q faculty are welcomed
All donations are accepted without obligation to the donors and on the understanding that upon receipt the material becomes the property of GU-Q Library. The library reserves the right to dispose of items not deemed suitable for the collection at any time.
How to donate
Small donations can be brought to the library and left with a member of the library team. We define a small donation as material ranging from a single item to a small boxful of material.
If you are considering making a larger donation please contact Donna Hanson, and include the following details:
- Approximate number of items (either as numbers of books or as a measurement of the total space the books occupy if on shelves)
- Subject areas
- A list of titles
- Age and condition of the books
- Your contact details