The Georgetown University SFS-Qatar Library provides Interlibrary Loan services to Education City students, faculty, and staff. All the information needed is the title, author, and call number of the item you would like to borrow.
Interlibrary Loan Options
1. Items from other Education City Locations
The following institutions participate in the Education City Interlibrary Loan service:
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- VCU School of the Arts in Qatar
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
- Northwestern University in Qatar
- Academic Bridge Program
- Qatar Academy
- The Learning Center
- Books can be taken out for 2 weeks and renewed 3 times
- Audio/Visual item(s) can be taken out for 3 days and renewed once (Education City Faculty and Staff only, must be for classroom use).
- Education City Students (non-Georgetown), please go to your home library once have obtained the title, author, and call number of the book you wish to borrow.
- Students of other Education City Schools are not eligible to check out periodicals, newspapers, VHS and DVD media, or Course Reserve materials.
- The borrowing library is responsible for the timely return of the item.
- For lost, damaged or unreturned materials, the borrowing library is responsible for replacement fees up to the cost of the item + 100 QR for processing cost, or 300 QR if replacement cost is not available.
2. Items from the Georgetown Main Campus Library, Washington D.C.
Use GEORGE, the library catalog, to find items at the Main Campus Library. If you've found an item that the SFS-Qatar Library does not have, request the item and be sure to use "Qatar Library" at the pickup location. (This service is only available for Georgetown University members.)
3. Items not in an Education City Library or at the Main Campus Library
If you cannot find the item you want in any of the Education City Libraries or at the Main Campus Library you can still get the item. Either visit the SFS-Qatar library, call the library to speak with a reference librarian at +974 457 8280, or use the Ask a Librarian form and give as much detail about the item you want as possible.