Libraries & Spaces
Theses and Dissertations
The pages below provide information on University policies, submission procedures, and copyright for your electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD). We also hold Information sessions for thesis and dissertation authors every semester, as advertised through the Library and Graduate School.
- Overview of the Submission Process
- Dissertation and Thesis Information (Graduate School)
- Guidelines for Dissertation and Thesis Writers (Graduate School)
- Georgetown ETDs (DigitalGeorgetown)
- Copyright and ETDs
Your Options When Submitting Your Thesis or Dissertation
- Traditional or open access publishing?
- Searchable in Google, Google Scholar, Bing, and Yahoo or not?
- Embargoed or immediately accessible online?
- What is an ORCID iD?
- Register your copyright or not?
ProQuest Submission Information
- Forms & Instructions (ProQuest's policies and procedures)
- Submitting Your Dissertation or Thesis to ProQuest
- Resources and Guidelines
Publishing Your Dissertation
Finding Theses and Dissertations
- DigitalGeorgetown - electronic copies of Georgetown theses and dissertations, 2007-present
- WRLC - request print copies of Georgetown theses and dissertations from our off-campus storage center; check the library catalog first for complete citation information and call number
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses - database with abstracts of theses and dissertations from North American and European universities, many with full text available
- Dissertations and Theses LibGuide - links to additional sources for locating theses and dissertations
- Submitting your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School - contact the Assistant Director of Academic Affairs in the Graduate Student Services office
- DigitalGeorgetown - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright or revising your thesis or dissertation for publication - contact Meg Oakley, Director, Copyright & Scholarly Communication