Libraries & Spaces
Student Library Council
Welcome to the Student Library Council page!
The Student Library Council serves as a formal channel of communication between Georgetown University Main Campus undergraduate and graduate students and the Library. The Council’s mission is to engage students with the Library, providing opportunities for members to advise and give feedback on improving collections, services and spaces, and discuss library issues affecting the student body.
Role of the Council
Council members will:
Communicate student ideas, provide feedback about the Library’s collections, services and space, and address present and future needs of the student community.
Serve as liaisons between the student body and the Library both by representing student views to the Library and helping to communicate information about the Library to their peers.
- Discuss how the Library can most effectively communicate its resources, services and plans with students and conversely, how students can most effectively communicate their wishes, needs and concerns with the Library.
For more information about the Council, contact Deborah Cook, Associate University Librarian for User Services & Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-687-7461.
Meetings will be held in the evening on the first Monday of each month during the academic year in the Murray Room in Lauinger Library. Meetings falling on University holidays will be rescheduled.
The Council may invite Library staff members and other University administrators to attend meetings to discuss relevant topics.
The Council may include student representatives from the following schools:
- Georgetown College
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- McCourt School of Public Policy
- McDonough School of Business
- School of Continuing Studies
- School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Walsh School of Foreign Service
The Council will also include the following Library staff members:
- Associate University Librarian for User Services & Engagement
- Department Head, Collections, Research & Instruction
- Department Head, Library Information Technology
- Coordinator of Communications, Outreach & Programming