Libraries & Spaces
Scholarly Research and Academic Integrity Tutorial
This online tutorial covers important research skills and discusses the importance of research ethics. It is required of all first-year and transfer students. The tutorial is now available within Blackboard as of Sept. 9, 2015. First-year and transfer students must complete it by October 2, 2015. The tutorial is a collaborative project of students, faculty and staff from the Georgetown University Library, the Honor Council, the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS), the Registrar’s Office, University Information Services (UIS), the Writing Center and each of the undergraduate schools.
Covers important research skills such as:
- When and how to use the Web for research;
- Differences between the Web and online library resources;
- How to find scholarly books and articles;
- Where to go for help.
Discusses the importance of research ethics:
- How and why to keep track of sources;
- Why it's important to credit your sources;
- How to work in groups and share materials ethically.