All Main Campus Library facilities are open and operating at full capacity to Georgetown faculty, students, and staff. The Library will be closed to external community members and guests through December 2021, with limited exceptions. Find the most current information available on the Library's COVID-19 FAQ.
The W. Coleman Nevils, S.J. Fund was established in 1963 by James A. Lansinger Jr. and his wife Teresa Lansinger as a memorial to Rev. William Coleman Nevils.
William Coleman Nevils was born in Philadelphia in 1878. He entered the Society of Jesus in 1896 at Frederick, and before ordination in 1911, taught at Boston College and at Loyola H.S. in New York City. He later taught at Holy Cross and Georgetown College, becoming dean of the latter in 1918. From 1924-1928 he was dean of the Shadowbrook House of Jesuit Studies, and from 1928 until 1935 he was president of Georgetown College. After leaving that post he became pastor of St. Ignatius Loyola Church, rector of two high schools in New York, and then briefly returned to Georgetown. From 1942 until 1947 Nevils was president of the University of Scranton, after which he returned to New York City. In 1935, he published a lengthy book on the history of Georgetown University, Miniatures of Georgetown. He died in 1955.