1. Learn Library Basics: The Library offers hundreds of resources and services to support you throughout your time at Georgetown so where do you start first? We recommend starting with How Libraries Work. Ready to explore in person? Check out our Library Floor Maps and our Call Number Locations. Ready to dig deeper? Check out our Undergraduate and Graduate student homepages! The student homepages provide an overview of these services and information on how to contact us if you want more information about anything.
2. Add upcoming Library events to your calendar: This fall we will host the 4th annual Georgetown Writes, a spooky Halloween gallery talk, and more. Check them out and RSVPto secure your seat!
4. Follow the Library: Keep up-to-date on the latest news and information from the Library by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! We post news, alerts and lots of interesting Georgetown history. Don’t miss out!
7. Make a lynda.com playlist: What are your goals this year? Want to become a master public speaker or an Excel ninja? Log in to lynda.com to find thousands of professional video tutorials on technology and professional skills.
8. Reserve a study room: You don’t have to work on that group project in the middle of Lau 2! Book a group study room instead. All group study rooms are equipped with whiteboards and monitors so you can work collaboratively. Need to settle down and focus? We also have individual study rooms! Reserve them online up to a week in advance!