CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: The library is closed effective Tuesday, March 24th. Continuing services will include: access to online materials; reference, class or research consultations; and assistance with securing expanded online access to curriculum-based and/or research materials. For more information see the Georgetown Libraries COVID-19 Updates and Resources page and the Library's COVID-19 FAQ.
Alex Tuuri Thompson, Personnel Coordinator, Lauinger Library
2. What do you do - in 10 words?
Process the Human Resources transactions for all of Georgetown University Library
3. Where are you from?
I grew up in Tampa, Florida, but spent the last 10 years in Tallahassee. I loved being a short drive away from the beach growing up, but I'm excited to finally be able to experience colder weather. I visit home often — I love going down to Tallahassee to cheer on my Seminoles.
4. What are you reading (or watching or playing or listening to) right now?
Lethal White (Robert Galbraith a.k.a J. K. Rowling).
5. Many people who know you know that you used to dance competitively. What is your favorite type of dance and why?
It has been a while since I've been inside a studio, but jazz has always been my favorite. I love that it still requires technique while still being more fun.
6. If you could have a magic ticket to any place or event, what would it be?
Vail, Colorado - I wish I could get out to my favorite place to ski more often.
7. How do you spend your weekends?
Saturdays are reserved for college football, but Sundays, my husband and I like to get brunch, meet up with friends, and play with our two dogs.
8. You are building your dream house. What is one room or feature you would want to include?
Have to have a big yard; I like having a space for my dogs to run around and chase each other.
9. What is your favorite place on the Hilltop?
Farmers’ market on Wednesdays.
10. If you didn’t work in your current field, what would you be doing?
Animal rescue. I loved interning and volunteering with the Humane Society while I was in college, and I enjoy helping animals.