Due to ongoing repairs in Lauinger Library, the temperatures on Floors 5, 4, and in the Pierce Reading Room are currently lower than normal. Users may find more comfortable temperatures on the 3rd Floor outside of the Pierce Reading Room and on Floors 2, 1, and the Lower Level as well as the Bioethics and Blommer Science Libraries.

or browse databases: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

You are here

WRLC's storage unit, located in Upper Marlboro, MD

You are here

Request Items from Off-Campus Shelving

Located at the WRLC Center in Upper Marlboro, MD


Use GEORGE to locate the item and open its record by clicking on the title link. Next, click the "Request" button at the top of the page. You will be prompted to log in to the "Item Request" page. Choose a pick-up location from the drop down box and then click the “Submit” button. From the “Item Selection Form” click on the “Request Selected Item” button to complete the request.

You will be notified via email when the item is ready for pickup at the location you have selected. You can check the status of your requests by clicking on Your Accounts at the top of each library page. Materials usually take two days to arrive and are held at the Circulation Desk for eight days.


Use this form to request dissertations, theses, media and journal volumes from Off-Campus Shelving that cannot be requested through the library catalog. Requested items may only be used in the library. You will be sent an email when the materials have arrived.

Off-Campus Shelving - Request in Special Collections

For items marked "Off-Campus Shelving - Request in Special Collections," go to the Booth Family Center for Special Collections, located on the 5th floor of Lauinger Library. Staff there will request the item/s for you. Please allow at least two working days for delivery. Requested items must be used in the Booth Family Center for Special Collections following all Special Collections policies and procedures. For more information, please see Using Special Collections and/or contact a Special Collections staff member.