We are currently installing new doors in the stairwell in Lauinger Library. During this time, visitors will not be able to use landings that are under construction, either to enter that floor or pass through en route to another. We encourage visitors to use the elevators, although the stairwell may still be used to access floors that are not under construction. Landings under construction should only be used in the case of an emergency.
Libraries & Spaces
Putting Materials on Blackboard
Enhance your Blackboard course site with research resources, readings, websites and multimedia.
- Link to Library resources
- Add Course Reserves readings
- Include multimedia resources
- Direct students to the most relevant websites
Make the library part of your course by linking to:
- Ask librarians
- Library Research Guides
- Specific article databases (e.g., Academic Search Premier; JSTOR)
- Course Reserves (included in your course from the Tools button)
- Individual articles
In order for links to work off campus, add http://proxy.library.georgetown.edu/login?url= to the URL for the item. Article databases will often highlight a "permanent link" or "stable URL." Use that URL. For example: http://proxy.library.georgetown.edu/login?url=http://www.jstor.org/stabl.... If you have questions about linking to library resources for off-campus access, please contact the Reference Desk at (202) 687-7452.
- Blackboard Support Faculty FAQs (Includes adding media to Blackboard)
- Georgetown Photos: Old and new photographs from Georgetown University Library's Special Collections
- Gelardin Center's Media Resource Guides : Information about using multimedia tools such as scanners, Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Art : Library guide includes links to museums and sources for art images
- Film : Library guide includes websites for film
- Music : Library guide includes Web resources for music
Sandy Hussey, Library Research Instruction Coordinator email@example.com (202) 687-8689