SERVICE ALERT: Blommer Science Library will be closed on Monday, December 22.
Libraries & Spaces
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are designed to facilitate collaboration and research. Seven group study rooms are available to all members of the Georgetown University community. Study rooms vary in size, the smallest (204, 205, 404, and 405) comfortably accommodating up to 6 patrons, the larger (2L and 2R) up to 8, and the largest (Millennium Room) up to 10.
All study rooms have a table and chairs and a 42" LCD display mounted on the wall with an HDMI cable with Mini DisplayPort adapter provided to connect a laptop or other device, except for the Millennium Room, which has a 50" LCD display with VGA cable and mini DisplayPort adapter. Please be aware that no monitors have audio output so use your laptop's onboard speakers if audio is needed.
Only Main Campus students, visiting researchers, staff and faculty can reserve a group study room in advance. Visiting researchers can sign up in person at the Access Services Desk or call (202) 687-7607.
- Rooms may be booked in 30 minute segments.
- Maximum of three hours total in one calendar day.
- You must confirm your reservation via your Georgetown email account within an hour of making the reservation.
- Rooms must be booked at least twelve hours in advance.
- Rooms may not be booked more than a week in advance.
- If you want to use a room within the next twelve hours, all rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis during unbooked hours; refer to the schedule posted outside of each room.
Do not leave laptops or other materials unattended in the study rooms. The library is not responsible for the loss of personal materials or library materials checked out to you. Items left in group study rooms will be removed to the Lauinger Lost and Found at the Circulation Desk. Unclaimed items will be sent to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) every Wednesday.
You may also be interested in reading about the Third Floor Consultation and Group Study Room.
No smoking is permitted anywhere in Lauinger Library.