New to Us?
The Gelardin New Media Center is Georgetown University’s main resource for turning ideas and research into multimedia projects. An experienced staff is available to help connect you with the knowledge and tools that you need. All equipment and media resources are free to use for Georgetown students, staff, and faculty. The GNMC also offers facilities for post-production and other digital media endeavors.
- Multimedia production and editing facilities.
- Extensive multimedia training is available: both workshops and consultations.
- Media Conversion and Scanning (ie. converting VHS to DVD, scanning slides, etc)
- Largest computer lab on campus with 2 black & white printers, and 1 color printer.
- Rental of cameras, audio gear, lights and other professional production equipment. Note that some equipment requires training before you can use it.
Gelardin is partnered with CNDLS, and together we are dedicated to helping you plan and implement digital media projects and emerging technologies into your curricula. See the Faculty & Instructors page for more details.
Users must have a valid Georgetown GoCard to borrow equipment from the Gelardin New Media Center or to use our computers.
14 computers are available for Georgetown University guests on the 3rd (entry) floor between the Reference and Circulation Desks. The Library welcomes and continues to invite the larger Georgetown community to use its resources in accordance with its use policies.