Libraries & Spaces
Request an Instruction Session
The librarians of Lauinger Library and the Blommer Science Library provide library research instruction designed to introduce students to the libraries' collections, services, and research tools. Librarians also provide strategies for efficiently and effectively carrying out library research. You can find out more at the Library Research Instruction Program home page. Library instruction sessions…
- Are taught by librarians at faculty request.
- Introduce students to relevant research materials for their course assignments.
- Outline the research process.
- Students examine and discuss pertinent reference resources.
- Librarians demonstrate GEORGE, periodical indexes, Internet resources, RefWorks, etc.
- Students get hands-on practice using these resources in the libraries’ classrooms.
Two weeks’ notice required. Sessions are most effective when held during class time and with the faculty member present. Please contact Sandy Hussey, Instruction Coordinator, at (202) 687-8689 or email@example.com.