We are currently installing new doors in the stairwell in Lauinger Library. During this time, visitors will not be able to use landings that are under construction, either to enter that floor or pass through en route to another. We encourage visitors to use the elevators, although the stairwell may still be used to access floors that are not under construction. Landings under construction should only be used in the case of an emergency.
Libraries & Spaces
Riggs Library Retrieval Request Form
- Riggs requests received by 12 noon will be available by 3 pm the same day if Riggs library is available. The President’s Office uses the Riggs Library extensively for University functions, and in some cases materials may not be available until 24 to 36 hours after a request is made.
- Riggs materials are not retrieved on weekends or University holidays — for example, requests made on a Friday afternoon will not be retrieved until the following Monday, at the earliest.
- Once retrieved, Riggs materials will be held at the pick-up location for 8 days. Materials not picked up by then will be returned to storage unless other arrangements are made with the Stacks Services Coordinator at Lauinger Library (202-687-7607 or email@example.com) or the Science Library Circulation Desk (202-687-5687 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Riggs materials are subject to the same circulation and use policies as other Library materials.
- Materials that are Library Use Only or that are not eligible for extended loan periods and are needed for a long period of time may be kept at the Circulation Desk of the pick-up location. See #3 above for contact information for special circumstances.
NOTE: If you are a main campus patron and you only need a single article from a particular journal housed in Riggs, please request it through our InterLibrary Loan service.