Search Google Scholar

or browse databases: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

You are here

You are here

All Georgetown University Libraries

The exterior of Lauinger Library

Joseph Mark Lauinger Memorial Library

202-687-7607 | reference@georgetown.edu | map

The Lauinger Library is located in the heart of the Washington metropolitan area, on the Main Campus of Georgetown University, above the Key Bridge and the Potomac River, at the corner of 37th and Prospect Streets NW. The library houses materials in the humanities, social sciences and business, as well as U.S. federal government documents and the Booth Family Center for Special Collections, which includes archives, rare books, manuscripts and rare prints. Lauinger Library also serves as the center for the following: the Gelardin New Media Center; the Durkin Collection; the McGhee Collection; the McGhee Center Collection in Alanya, Turkey; the Villa Le Balze Collection in Fiesole, Italy; and the Woodstock Theological Library.

A student studies in Blommer Science Library

Blommer Science Library

202-687-5687 | sciencelib@georgetown.edu | map

Blommer Science Library is located on the third floor of the Reiss Science Building. Blommer provides information and research services for undergraduate and graduate programs in biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, and physics. Some 60,000 books and journals are housed in Blommer, and a large portion of our collection is available electronically. Older science materials are housed in Lauinger Library, Riggs Library, and an off-campus shelving facility.

The Pierre Teilhard de Chardin exhibit in Woodstock Library

Woodstock Theological Library

202-687-7513 | woodstocktheology@georgetown.edu | map

The Woodstock Theological Library is located on the Lower Level of Lauinger Library. It is one of the oldest and most notable Catholic theological libraries in the United States. Founded in 1869 at Woodstock College (outside Baltimore, Maryland), it sojourned from 1969 to 1974 in New York City. With the 1974 closing of Woodstock College's Columbia University incarnation, the library moved to Georgetown University, Washington, DC, to become the research tool for the Woodstock Theological Center.

The School of Continuing Studies Library

School of Continuing Studies Downtown Campus Library

202-784-7389 | scslibrary@georgetown.edu | map

The SCS Downtown Library is an active participant in the Downtown Campus for the School of Continuing Studies. SCS Library users can page books for pick-up at the Downtown location and most course reserve materials are available on site. The Library is committed to adapting and flexing its services, collections, and schedule to serve the emerging use-patterns of the School of Continuing Studies.

A mural from the Bioethics Research Library

Bioethics Research Library

202-687-3885 | bioethics@georgetown.edu | map

The Bioethics Research Library is located in 102 Healy Hall. It is a specialized collection of books, journals, newspaper articles, legal materials, regulations, codes, government publications, and other relevant documents concerned with issues in biomedical and professional ethics. The library holdings represent the world's largest collection related to ethical issues in medicine and biomedical research.

Dahlgren Memorial Library

Dahlgren Memorial Library

202-687-1448 | dmlreference@georgetown.edu | map

Dahlgren Library, which is located at the Georgetown University Medical Center, acquires, organizes, and provides access to information services and resources in support of the mission of the University and the Medical Center, and consults and collaborates with GUMC faculty, staff, and students to integrate information resources and technologies into teaching, learning, research, patient care, and service.

Riggs Library

Riggs Memorial Library

202-687-7607 | accessservices@georgetown.edu | map

From 1891 to 1970, the University's main library was the Riggs Memorial Library, located in the south tower of Healy Hall. The Library had been financed by E. Francis Riggs of the Washington banking firm as a memorial to his late father and to his brother who had attended Georgetown. Its construction had been supervised by architect Paul Pelz,whose firm also designed Healy Hall and the Library of Congress. Today, Riggs, one of the few remaining cast iron libraries in the country, is used as a reception space and continues to serve its original purpose of housing books.

Georgetown University in Qatar Library

Georgetown University in Qatar Library

+974-4457-8280 | map

The Georgetown University in Qatar Library is located in the Georgetown University Building in Education City, Doha, Qatar and serves the needs of the School of Foreign Service.

Edward Bennett Williams Law Library

202-662-9131 | libref@law.georgetown.edu | map

The Georgetown Law Library supports the research and educational endeavors of the students and faculty of the Georgetown University Law Center. This web site furthers that mission by collecting and organizing information about research resources on the Web and at the Library.

A student studies in the Wolff Library

John Wolff International and Comparative Law Library

202-662-4195 | intlref@law.georgetown.edu | map

The Wolff library is housed separately in the Hotung International Law Center Building and has a vast collection of foreign and international materials. They collect primary and secondary materials for Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Scotland, and South Africa, as well as English translations and treatises from many other jurisdictions. The library also has extensive documentation from international organizations including the Permanent Court of International Justice, League of Nations, United Nations, European Union, International Court of Justice, World Trade Organization, GATT, and the Council of Europe.