Libraries & Spaces
Help for Researchers Overseas
Contacting library staff for research help while overseas
Tips for doing research in libraries outside the United States
1. Identifying Libraries and Collections
2. Using International Libraries
- Contact the library you wish to use and determine terms of access. What preparations do you need to make before your visit? What documents will you need to provide?
- Next, contact Deborah Cook, Head of Access Services, Lauinger Library for assistance.
Obtaining books from Georgetown while overseas We are unable to lend print copies of books from the Library's collections. However, we may be able to make copies of selected pages or of a chapter. To request specific pages, please fill out an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) form for a book and note:
- Chapter or pages to be copied.
- You are an overseas student.
Questions? Email the InterLibrary Loan department.