On Thursday, March 5, the University is closed due to inclement weather. The Lauinger Library building is open on its regular schedule. The Lauinger Circulation Desk, Gelardin New Media Center and Woodstock Theological Library are open with limited staffing. The Blommer Science Library is closed.
Libraries & Spaces
Library Use Policies
Use of the Georgetown University Library is primarily to meet the research and information needs of the students, faculty and staff of the University. They will have priority in the use of all services, resources and facilities. The library's unique collections and resources are also open to visiting scholars or researchers not directly affiliated with the University. In addition, as a Federal Depository Library we will make government publications received through the depository program available for use by the general public.
- Do not disturb the research and study of other users.
- Do not tamper with or damage University resources and property.
- Do not hamper the work of Library staff.
- Observe Quiet Study Area designations.
- Place cell phones on silent mode and use them only in the lobby and stairwells.
- The library is not to be used as a sleeping or bathing facility.
- Beverages in covered containers are permitted in Lauinger and Blommer libraries.
- Food is allowed ONLY on the second floor of Lauinger Library. Food is prohibited on all other floors of the library.
- Examples of permitted food: cold sandwiches/wraps, grab-and-go cold-boxed food, salads.
- Examples of prohibited food: pizza, hamburgers, fries, ice cream, hot subs or any other smelly, greasy or messy foods.
- Smoking and use of tobacco is prohibited in the library and near the library entrance.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the library.
- Do not leave backpacks, laptops, purses or valuables unattended.
Individuals who fail to comply with this policy may face disciplinary action. Visitors may be asked to leave the library and may be barred from the campus.