CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: The library is closed effective Tuesday, March 24th.
Continuing services will include: access to online materials; reference, class or research consultations; and assistance with securing expanded online access to curriculum-based and/or research materials. For more information see the Georgetown Libraries COVID-19 Updates and Resources page.
ZoteroBib is a tool that helps you build a bibliography instantly from any computer or device, without creating an account or installing any software. It's from the team behind Zotero, and is perfect for those projects where you just need a few citations in a particular style.
- Easy Import: Copy the website URLs to the ZoteroBib search bar. ZoteroBib will pull in citation information from most sources.
- Automatic import from most ISBN, DOI, PMID, or arXiv IDs, or search by title.
- With over 9000 citation styles to choose from, you can get your citations formatted easily.
Zotero is a tool designed to help you gather, manage, reference, and share information about books, articles, web pages and anything else you are using in your research.
It makes generating citations and bibliographies a snap!
Zotero is free and open-source software. With Zotero, you can add information from your browser to your research library with a single click, and add references to your chosen word processor just as easily, in any citation style you choose. With free cloud sync available, Zotero travels with you, and can be available on any computer you use.
Zotero is free for everyone!
Key Features:Collect resources with a single click, whether your research requires documents, images, audio or video files, snapshots of webpages, or more! Everything will be available in your personal library
Organize your resources into collections and subcollections that keep you on track without bogging you down, and use tags and saved searches to filter your library instantly.
Cite resources according to any style in your favorite word processor with a handy extension, or drag-and-drop perfectly formatted references into email, google docs, and more.
Sync your data across any device you choose, and access your references from the web if you’re on the go.
Share your reference collections with research groups, classmates, or the world, with granular permission levels for all groups.
For Help Using Zotero:
To learn more about using Zotero, watch the screencast tutorials at www.zotero.org/support/screencast_tutorials.
There’s lots of available information on the web, including this guide from Harvard University: http://guides.library.harvard.edu/zotero
For local support, contact Topher Lawton, Instructional Technology & Assessment Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.
RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool designed to help researchers gather, manage, store and share information and generate citations and bibliographies.
Being asked for a group code? Please contact email@example.com or call us at (202) 687-9351. (Note: We can only send the group code to a Georgetown email address.)
Are you a student in Qatar? Check out the Georgetown University in Qatar Library's RefWorks Guide.
Looking for Legacy RefWorks? Click here.
- Create your own personal library of references
- Add citations manually or export from numerous databases directly into RefWorks
- Set up group accounts for collaborative scholarship
- Capture information directly from websites with RefGrab-It
- Add citations to Word documents with Write-N-Cite
For Help Using Refworks:
RefWorks Technical Support is available to help you:
By Phone: +1. 800-521-0600 ext. 74440 or +1.734-997-4440.
Support hours are:
Eastern Time Zone:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm ET
Friday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm ET
Sunday: 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm ET
Citation Styles and Online Writing Resources:
- The Library's guides to citation formats:
- Writing Center Resources (including links to APA and Chicago Manual of Style guides)
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Creating a Citation from LexisNexis Congressional Universe
- Citing U.S. Government Publications (Indiana University)
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab