Starting in January 2020, pick up, return, and reserve equipment from the 3rd-floor Circulation Desk. For more details, read our announcement about Media Equipment Moving from Gelardin to the Lauinger Circulation Desk.
Stop by the Gelardin New Media Center on or after October 29th to view a new exhibition of photos
Did you wake up and realize that tomorrow is Valentine’s day? Is your special someone expecting a thoughtful, considerate gift and you haven’t given it any thought or consideration until the last minute? Then come on down to the Maker Hub for our “Valentine’s Day Last Minute Thoughtful and Considerate Gifts” workshop.
While air quality is an issue that affects the health of millions of people around the world, access to real-time information about local pollution levels is out of reach for the communities most affected.
The Maker Hub is Georgetown's only makerspace open to all students, staff and faculty. We promote innovation and hands-on learning through workshops, curricular engagement, and one-on-one project mentorship.
Most of our tools are free to use, and our community of staff and volunteers are available during open hours to teach you how to use the equipment and turn hour ideas into reality.
Drop in to see what we have to offer. It's your Maker Hub!
- Welcome : The big picture, what we're all about
- Getting Started : Important things you'll want to know
- Ways to Learn : There's lots of ways to engage with the Maker Hub
- Our Community : Who we are, and how you can get involved
- Policies and Procedures : How we do things around here
- Tools and Workstations : Details, how-to's and important information about all our tools
- Workshops and Events : What's going on
- Events Calendar : All the events
- Skills Calendar : Volunteer schedules cross-referenced with their skills, so you know when to come in to get help with sewing, 3D printing, or anything else.
- Equipment Reservation Calendar : When equipment is reserved
- Maker Hub Chat System : Talk live with people in the Maker Hub. Available during Open Hours
- Additional Resources : External links to great Maker Resources
- Donate : How to give back to the Maker Hub
- FAQ : You've got questions? We've got answers!
Interested in Supporting the Maker Hub's Mission?
To Donate Funds:
- Go to this link:
- Under "Selected Designations" Choose "Other Designation," type in "Library Technology Fund," and enter the amount in the field to the right.
- In the "Special Instructions" box, type in "Maker Hub"
- Fill out the rest of your details as appropriate.
To order items directly for the Maker Hub, please see our Amazon Wishlist here: tinyurl.com/gumh-wishlist
See more giving opportunities here.
Maker Hub Videos on Youtube