Join the Library on Thursday, March 28 for a special panel of student creatives, #ACreativeGU: Creativity and Scholarship at Georgetown.
Whether you want a hangable slideshow of family pictures, informational signage for your office, a "digital frame" for Net Art, or a custom display of useful information at the start of your day, sometimes it's great to have a cheap, single purpose, all-in-one screen that you can mount anywhere a
Do you have items in your house that need fixing or mending but you don't know how to repair them yourself? Bring your broken items such as toasters, lamps, clothing, jewelry, bicycles, vacuum cleaners or small appliances to the Repair Café on March 23!
Join the Booth Family Center for Special Collections and the Maker Hub on March 20 for an interactive workshop featuring historic scrapbooks from the Library’s collection and a special scrapbook making session!
The Maker Hub is Georgetown's only makerspace open to all students, staff and faculty. We promote innovation and hands-on learning through workshops, curricular engagement, and one-on-one project mentorship.
Most of our tools are free to use, and our community of staff and volunteers are available during open hours to teach you how to use the equipment and turn hour ideas into reality.
Drop in to see what we have to offer. It's your Maker Hub!
Interested in Supporting the Maker Hub's Mission?
To Donate Funds:
- Go to this link:
- Under "Selected Designations" Choose "Other Designation," type in "Library Technology Fund," and enter the amount in the field to the right.
- In the "Special Instructions" box, type in "Maker Hub"
- Fill out the rest of your details as appropriate.
To order items directly for the Maker Hub, please see our Amazon Wishlist here: tinyurl.com/gumh-wishlist
See more giving opportunities here.
- Welcome : The big picture, what we're all about
- Getting Started : Important things you'll want to know
- Ways to Learn : There's lots of ways to engage with the Maker Hub
- Our Community : Who we are, and how you can get involved
- Policies and Procedures : How we do things around here
- Tools and Workstations : Details, how-to's and important information about all our tools
- Workshops and Events : What's going on
- Events Calendar : All the events
- Skills Calendar : Volunteer schedules cross-referenced with their skills, so you know when to come in to get help with sewing, 3D printing, or anything else.
- Equipment Reservation Calendar : When equipment is reserved
- Maker Hub Chat System : Talk live with people in the Maker Hub. Available during Open Hours
- Additional Resources : External links to great Maker Resources
- Donate : How to give back to the Maker Hub
- FAQ : You've got questions? We've got answers!
Maker Hub Videos on Youtube