Are you a member of the Georgetown University Main Campus community who needs somewhere to work with classmates or friends? If so, book a group study room in the Library.
Stop by the Gelardin New Media Center on or after October 29th to view a new exhibition of photos
In January 2020, the Library’s circulating media equipment will be moving from the Gelardin New Media Center to the third-floor Circulation Desk area. This consolidation of functions will allow the Library to better integrate services and will improve our users’ experience by enabling them to check out all Library items from a single circulation point on the entry level.
Everyone at the Library wishes you a restful Thanksgiving holiday. However, if you are on-campus before or after the holiday and need the Library, we will be here for you. The Lauinger Library will be open on November 27, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
The Maker Hub is Georgetown's only makerspace open to all students, staff and faculty. We promote innovation and hands-on learning through workshops, curricular engagement, and one-on-one project mentorship.
Most of our tools are free to use, and our community of staff and volunteers are available during open hours to teach you how to use the equipment and turn hour ideas into reality.
Drop in to see what we have to offer. It's your Maker Hub!
- Welcome : The big picture, what we're all about
- Getting Started : Important things you'll want to know
- Ways to Learn : There's lots of ways to engage with the Maker Hub
- Our Community : Who we are, and how you can get involved
- Policies and Procedures : How we do things around here
- Tools and Workstations : Details, how-to's and important information about all our tools
- Workshops and Events : What's going on
- Events Calendar : All the events
- Skills Calendar : Volunteer schedules cross-referenced with their skills, so you know when to come in to get help with sewing, 3D printing, or anything else.
- Equipment Reservation Calendar : When equipment is reserved
- Maker Hub Chat System : Talk live with people in the Maker Hub. Available during Open Hours
- Additional Resources : External links to great Maker Resources
- Donate : How to give back to the Maker Hub
- FAQ : You've got questions? We've got answers!
Interested in Supporting the Maker Hub's Mission?
To Donate Funds:
- Go to this link:
- Under "Selected Designations" Choose "Other Designation," type in "Library Technology Fund," and enter the amount in the field to the right.
- In the "Special Instructions" box, type in "Maker Hub"
- Fill out the rest of your details as appropriate.
To order items directly for the Maker Hub, please see our Amazon Wishlist here: tinyurl.com/gumh-wishlist
See more giving opportunities here.
Maker Hub Videos on Youtube