Main Campus Faculty Office Delivery
Due to summer staffing levels, the library will be reducing the number of scheduled daily deliveries to faculty offices from 2 to 1 starting on Monday May 14. Starting that day, the scheduled delivery will take place at 2pm, Monday through Friday. We will still accommodate special delivery requests, so if you would like the book delivered at a different time than the scheduled delivery, please indicate this in the 'Special Instructions' field at the bottom of the request page in the catalog.
The normal faculty delivery schedule will resume on Monday August 20 at 10am.
Main Campus faculty members can now request office delivery for:
- Books, DVDs and CDs from Lauinger, Blommer, Woodstock and Bioethics libraries
- WRLC and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items
To request delivery for books, DVDs and CDs from Lauinger, Blommer, Woodstock and Bioethics libraries:
- In the item's record in GEORGE, click the green "Request" button and log in with your NetID and password (if not already logged in).
- Select "Office Delivery" from the "Pickup Location" drop-down menu.
- Enter the office location and the name of your authorized designee (if you will not be available to sign for the items personally) in the "Special Instructions" box and click submit.
- Allow 1 hour for delivery, Monday-Friday 10:00am-8:00pm. If you would like the item delivered at a specific date and/or time, please include this information in the "Special Instructions" box while making your request. If you do not indicate a delivery time (either a specific time or a window), we will attempt delivery at 10:00am or 3:00pm, depending on when your request is received. If a delivery time is not indicated on a request placed after 3:00pm, we will deliver it the next business day. You or an authorized designee must be present to sign for the materials.
- On the next page, verify your request by clicking the "Request Selected Item" button.
To request delivery of WRLC and Interlibrary Loan items:
- Submit your WRLC or ILL request as you normally would.
- Once you have received the pickup notice, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your office location, date and time (either specific or a window), and authorized designee if you will not be available to sign for the items.
- All office delivery and borrowing policies apply.
- Reference material, bound and unbound journals and other items that do not circulate cannot be delivered to offices.
- Deliveries are to Main Campus faculty offices only - no delivery to Law, Medical, Georgetown Downtown, Whitehaven, or Qatar faculty offices.
- Same day delivery is only available for items not checked out and found in stacks. If the item cannot be found we will initiate a search and contact faculty to arrange delivery when the item is found.
- Items that are checked out can be requested for office delivery but the delivery date is dependent on when the item is returned. If you receive a hold pick-up notice and want the item delivered, email email@example.com to set date/time/location of delivery.
- Your signature or a signature from an authorized designee (e.g. a departmental administrative assistant or another faculty member in the same department) is required to complete delivery. Should no signature be obtained at time of delivery, items will be returned to the Lauinger Library and you will be contacted to coordinate a second delivery attempt. If the second delivery attempt fails, we will put the item on the Lauinger Library hold shelf for 8 days. If a designee is signing for the item, the library is not responsible for getting the item from the designee to you.
- For items being requested from Off-Campus Shelving, please allow extra time (at least 24-48 hours) for the item to be delivered to Lauinger Library.
- All faculty borrowing policies apply. Once you or your designee has signed for the item(s) the sole responsibility for the item(s) resides with you.