CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: The library is closed effective Tuesday, March 24th.
Continuing services will include: access to online materials; reference, class or research consultations; and assistance with securing expanded online access to curriculum-based and/or research materials. For more information see the Georgetown Libraries COVID-19 Updates and Resources page.
Main Campus Faculty Office Delivery
OFFICE DELIVERY IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE 03/12/2020, please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about active requests
The Georgetown University Library offers a service to delivery library materials to Main Campus faculty offices. This includes books, DVDs, and CDs from Lauinger, Bioethics, Blommer, and Woodstock libraries, as well as items requested through the Consortium Loan Service (CLS) or Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
To request delivery for books, DVDs and CDs from Lauinger, Bioethics, Blommer, or Woodstock libraries:
Log into HoyaSearch, find the item you need, then click on the Georgetown Request link in the item record, then select “My Office” as your pickup location (at the bottom of the list—if you do not see this option, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your account). Enter your office number into the Comment box, as well as the name of someone who can sign for the delivery if you are not available when we come to your office. We will not deliver any items without a signature. If no one is available to sign for the delivery, we will bring the items back to the library and attempt another delivery in our next delivery window.
Standard delivery times are 10am and 3pm, Monday through Friday, excluding days the University is closed.
To request delivery of WRLC and Interlibrary Loan items:
Log into HoyaSearch, find the item you need, then click the Consortium Request link to place a CLS request, or the Interlibrary Loan Request link to place an ILL request (if you use ILL, you will be taken to the ILLiad login page to submit your request).
You will not be able to select Office Delivery as a pickup location, so when you receive the email saying your item is ready for pickup, forward the notification to email@example.com requesting the items be delivered to your office.
- Library materials that do not circulate cannot be delivered to offices.
- Items that are checked out can be requested for office delivery but the delivery date is dependent on when the item is returned. If the item is checked out, we recommend that you check the Consortium or Interlibrary Loan for an available copy.
- Your signature or a signature from an authorized designee (e.g. a departmental administrative assistant or another faculty member in the same department) is required to complete delivery. Should no signature be obtained at time of delivery, items will be returned to the Lauinger Library and you will be contacted to coordinate a second delivery attempt. If the second delivery attempt fails, we will put the item on the Lauinger Library hold shelf for 10 days. If a designee is signing for the item, the library is not responsible for getting the item from the designee to you.
- For items being requested from Off-Campus Shelving, please allow extra time (at least 24-48 hours) for the item to be delivered to Lauinger Library.
- All faculty borrowing policies apply. Once you or your designee has signed for the item(s) the sole responsibility for the item(s) resides with you.
- Our delivery area is bound by Volta St / Leavey Center to the north, Prospect St to the south, and 35th St to the east - there is no delivery to Law, Medical, Georgetown Downtown, Whitehaven, or Qatar faculty offices.